Friday, April 30, 2010

WOW now that's a Great Price!!

I must say that I am very happy right about now. There are many things that have come and gone since my last BLOG "rant" ... I am content. I am happy with my situation. I am liking my job again which is pleasant. I have found a way to make it all work. I think it is funny how your mind can just take over and control you. I will be graduating soon from Nursing school (LVN) My exit exam is on the 20th of May. There are times when I will be sitting alone or having a conversation with someone and it hits me. It will actually take my breath away. I will actually sigh or gasp depending on how hard it hits me, to the point where the other person asks me "what? Are you ok?" and I have to answer Yes, I am just amazed that this phase of my life is coming to an end. and in turn that means that another phase begins. Went to placement the other day and turned in my resume and explained to them that I am looking for a hospital job and would prefer Kaiser. I could see that she was holding back a laugh.. I don't care. I am working and getting paid and I plan on continuing to do so. So yes. I will wait for what I want. I will become a nurse and continue to go to school to get my RN... But I refuse to work in a place where there is so much carelessness that patients are double medicated just because the Lazy nurse on the shift prior did not sign off that she had already given that medication. I refused to work in a place where they staff thinks it is funny to spray shower water in the face of someone until they finally scream for them to stop it. And most of all I refuse to work in a place where the Owner , the DON and most of the staff is related. Nope not for me. What I do want to do is make a difference in someone's life that does not have family. I would love to teach.. I would love to work 3 twelve hour shifts and be done for the week to spend more time with my family.
I want to stay in touch with the people that are important to me. I don't want this to be another situation where you spend a couple years of your life with people and then get so busy that you don't have time for them anymore. All the money in the world can't buy the friendships and love that we have. That is what matters most.
I want to stop the video games in the house.. We are doing our children such a dis service. I want to explore the world and the people in it. Oh that reminds me. I wonder if I won the Lotto.. I have a 210 chance out of 7 quadrillion billion... Not bad..

No comments:

Post a Comment